Monday, January 20, 2014

Eddie's in London - he went to see "The Light Princess" musical yesterday




( x )

Quote: I did an interview once where I was asked who I found attractive and I went on about cartoons and Nala from ‘The Lion King’ - and it’s a bit weird but various of my ex-girlfriends actually did look like Nala. ( x )

I'm not surprised Eddie went to see this show. The Light Princess brings together iconic singer-songwriter Tori Amos with playwright Samuel Adamson and director Marianne Elliott (Curious Incident, War Horse) in a spectacular coming-of-age story. A dark fairytale about grief, rebellion and the power of love.

National Theatre webpage of the musical
National Theatre: The Light Princess official trailer (YouTube video)
Behind the scenes of The Light Princess, a musical by Tori Amos
...I'm worried about saying it's a conventional musical because I don't think it is.
...I wouldn't say it's a family show, although you can come as a family. I don't think people should come expecting a fairytale. It's not so dark that you couldn't bring a young child to it, but it's definitely dealing with issues that aren't your typical fairytale issues.


London Evening Standard Theatre Awards 2013
Rosalie Craig was awarded the newly created Best Musical Performance award. Craig, who won for playing the title role in Tori Amos musical The Light Princess at the National, was up against Cynthia Erivo (The Color Purple) and Charlotte Wakefield (The Sound of Music).
Winners list here: Lester and Kinnear share Best Actor at Evening Standard Awards, Mirren also triumphs
The musical was nominated for the Ned Sherin award for best musical and Best design too.



The National Gallery is one of his favorite places.


source Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment can be published after moderation