Saturday, December 27, 2014

New fanpic - Honeymoon in the French Alps - Eddie's favorite hotels

Eddie Redmayne spotted by a fan at the ski resort Les Airelles Courchevel 
in the French Alps, Dec. 26, 2014. (Instagram sarahtabet) - via (x)
I love this photo and his beautiful happy smile. He's on honeymoon with Hannah.

His favorite hotels worldwide including a glimpse into his romantic nature.
In the 2014 Oct Issue of Conde Nast UK Traveller there was an article about Eddie's favorite hotels, but I didn't make a post about it yet. 
The promo tour that followed the premiere of TToE was a very busy period for Eddie, I hardly could keep up with him.
The magazine scan was published in September and you can read the article on the magazine's website too since Oct. 13.. 
'This is the most romantic place I've ever stayed. It's run by Antonio Sersale and his wife Carla, who epitomise old-school hoteliers: warm, generous, fun-loving. Every room has a balcony overlooking the sea, and next to the bed is an article by John Steinbeck about Positano. It takes you back to a different era. There is a little boutique where my girlfriend and I bought pillows to recreate Positano in our apartment in London.' 
LE GRAND COEUR, MERIBEL
'I love skiing, and when we were kids my parents spoilt us rotten and took us here. I'd go and sit in the bar and listen to this dude playing the piano; I still aspire to be the piano man at Le Grand Coeur. My other memory is of the most incredible bacon at breakfast.'
SUNSET TOWER HOTEL, LOS ANGELES
'I have very fond memories of waking up at 5am in the Art Deco ramparts of a suite at the top of this hotel and looking out over LA as the sun was rising.(x) The place is infused with such history; you feel it in the fabric of the building. And the restaurant is awesome, too.'
THE PENINSULA HONG KONG
'I stayed here when I did some master classes for BAFTA (x). The general manager is a wonderful woman, Rainy Chan, and the service is so flawless it has a lovely purity to it. It's a gigantic hotel, and seeing how this lady runs the place was fascinating. Everyone made me feel really, really welcome.'
KINLOCH LODGE, ISLE OF SKYE
'This place was founded by the brilliant Claire and Godfrey Macdonald. As a child, I was lucky enough to spend many summers lost in the kitchen here, and there's also nothing like a sub-zero dip in the loch to blast away the cobwebs after more recent dubious attempts at doing a reel, fuelled by whisky. Claire is the most talented chef and set up a stunning restaurant, now run by Marcello Tully.'
NOT SO HOT
'I love staying in hotels, but I have yet to master the art of tipping correctly. I either give far too much or far too little.
If someone could teach me the protocol, that would be great.'

Source: The article on the magazine's website published 13 OCTOBER 2014 with Gallery
This feature was published in Condé Nast Traveller October 2014 scan source (x)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment can be published after moderation